Foundation History

 

The H.T. Ewald Foundation was incorporated under the laws of the state of Michigan in 1928. Its principal assets were obtained through endowments made by the late H.T. Ewald, founder and president of the Campbell-Ewald Advertising Company, one of America's largest advertising agencies. In the early years, the Foundation's primary objective was to support local and national charities.

In the mid 50's H.T. Ewald Jr. adopted the leadership role for the Foundation and initiated the Scholarship Program. H.T. Ewald Jr., more commonly know as Ted, changed the focus of the Foundation to assisting high school students in the Metropolitan Detroit area who deserved, but could not afford a college education. The Foundation's Scholarship Program flourished under the leadership of Ted Ewald, Jr., until his death in 1996.

In his lifetime, Ted made a difference in hundreds of people's lives not only through giving but through caring. Ted dedicated himself to aspiring students and their needs, giving them a chance at a promising future that may not otherwise have been possible. As a mentor and through example he gave support and took great pride in his students. He believed in each one and helped instill in them the confidence to believe in themselves and their dreams.

Today the Foundation continues under the care and management of Ted's family and associates. It supports charities and non profit organizations worldwide.